Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 1

Strawberry Almond Crunch Oatmeal
1/2 c dry quick oats
1 c water
1/2 c frozen strawberries
1 tbsp milled flaxseed
2 packets Splenda
1/8 c chopped almonds

I mixed everything but the almonds in the bowl before heating. I used the almonds to top the hot oatmeal.  YUMMY!




The weather was beautiful today. It felt way warmer than 41 degrees. I thought a good walk would cheer me up from a funk...even more so than I thought. The sunshine is a given cheerer upper. A little girl waved at me from a daycare window:) Then I came across this "Elm Street." We lived on an Elm Street once. That began a whirlwind of thoughts about places that I have lived, things I enjoyed doing, friends that I had in each place. Since the street sign is green it made a perfect pic for my post. I also contemplated taking a picture of one of those big green transformer boxes. Why you ask? It reminded me of when I lived in California on base housing there was a green transformer box about 4x4x4 at the playground of all places. My friends and I would play on it more than the playground equipment I think. I would often jump off of it pretending that I might be able to fly:) Thinking of so many memories is great. I really need to invite that kind of joy and imagination back into my life. Worry-less, unashamed, spontaneous! When I got back from my walk I got on the computer to write this post and checked facebook real quick. Funny think was that I had a friend request from an old friend in California! Crazy:) This year as I move closer and closer towards 30 (which I don't really think is going to be so bad) I have been finding myself reflecting a lot on my life, memories, friends, family, God's love, transitions and how it all added up to who I am today. I really hope that each day I can be a better person...wife, daughter, sister, friend, niece, cousin, neighbor...and enjoy many more memories, friends, times with family, God's new blessings and even transitions:)

No comments: