Monday, February 28, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green

My original goal for March is to make a duvet cover, which I very well still intend to do. The duvet cover may end up being plain white though, because I really like the look of our clean white comforter with color from the pillows and quilt. So that being said, the project won't be very eventful or difficult. So in order to add a little spice to the month I have added two small tasks that I am going to complete each day of March.

1. Eat Oatmeal Everyday: Every morning I am going to make a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I have been reading and learning a lot about nutrition and healthy eating and one of the biggest things I have taken away is that FIBER is very important to eating healthy and losing/maintaining weight. Fiber helps you to feel full and when you feel full you are less likely to overeat or eat what you shouldn't. I really do like oatmeal (Josh doesn't see how I can eat that stuff:) So I am going to eat a new recipe of oatmeal each morning so that I can expand my bowl beyond just brown sugar or apples and cinnamon (one of my current favorites).

So each day I will make one serving (1/2 c dry oats) of an oatmeal recipe that I either throw together or read online. I will have to make up names for any recipes I make up for later reference. I like to use quick oats (still 100% whole grain) and heat them in the microwave because it is quick and easy, which are my two favorite words when it comes to making food. I will also be sweetening with Splenda to keep the calories and sugar content down.

(Disclaimer: I don't claim to be a Queen in any sense related to food, knowledge of food or ability to make food. I used the word "Queen" because it was all I could think of that rhymed with "Green" to make a snappy title that made sense for the March postings)

2. Something Green: I enjoy holidays because I can decorate or wear something to celebrate the day just because it is fun. So with St. Patrick's day being in March I am going to take a photo of something GREEN (specifically the color not the environmentally friendly term) each day relating to something I did or saw that day. Think of it as a daily journal of sorts. On Wednesdays each week I am going to try to take one of the pictures close up so that you have to guess what the green item is:)

Join me tomorrow for Day 1 of Oatmeal Queen & Something Green!

No comments: