Sunnyside Garlic Oatmeal
1/4 c quick oats
1/3 c water
Dash Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp soy sauce
1 egg, sunny side up
Dash Pepper
shredded cheese to top
Ok, so I want to try some savory oatmeal recipes during the month. This may seem gross to some, but I'm willing to give savory a try. Josh was really grossed out for sure:) I didn't mix as much water with my oats so that they would be a big thicker. It just seemed better to have a thicker consistency for a savory dish. It actually didn't turn out that bad, but it seemed like it needed something else...butter? I made a second egg and a piece of toast to eat as well (mostly in case I hated it and threw it out:) So I thought that the oatmeal dish was kind of like my egg on wheat bread that tasted especially yummy. So maybe it was the butter I spread on the toast. It added a little cream and a tiny bit of sweet on my toast so maybe it would do the same in oatmeal. I'll have to try it again.
I've been in high creative mode. Last night I started 2 new crochet projects (with a 3rd already in the works). I ran out of yarn for one of them. So today I went to a craft store that is closing in that I bought yarn at on Wed. Unfortunately, they did not have the yarn I needed, much less many other colors/types of yarn. But out of what they did have I was inspired to make two other crochet projects. So after getting some yarn, a yard of fabric and some felt pieces I returned home to start crocheting. Just before I began my craftiness our poor plant caught my attention:(
This plant was in a get well plant basket when I had my thyroid surgery in January 2009. I can't keep plants alive even when I think I am doing everything right. However, this little guy is like the energizer bunny. It can look wilted and awful like this and I give it a little water and by tomorrow it will be all perky again. This is my kind of plant. Thank you special friend for bringing us life and joy despite how we treat you!
No comments:
Post a Comment