Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 7

Yucky Pumpkin Oatmeal
Okay, this one was SO bad I am not even going to type the recipe. I was attempting to make a recipe with pumpkin mixed in and maybe some spices similar to what you put in pumpkin pie. YUCK! The spices were way too strong and I did not like it or finish it! So I will try pumpkin again but in a different way.


As you can kind of tell from the picture of the dining room table my day was filled with a variety of tasks. I am working on a couple of projects that I need to finish this week. Part of the project is sewing a pattern I have never done before (and yet I am trying to do it 2x by this week and get it right). The first challenge is cutting straight fabric when I don't have a rotary cutter or large enough ruler/cutting mat. Next challenge, follow the very detailed instructions with pictures. You would think that would help me since I am a visual learner. However, by visual, in this case I mean having someone physically next to me making the pattern while I watch them and do it alongside. Josh kept having to hear me groaning about mistakes and not understanding what the directions or pictures wanted me to do! So instead of driving myself crazy, I took a break from that and made our favorite for dinner, Lasagna:) This is not a quick process, so it was hard to take the time away from my time sensitive projects. But, it was worth it. It gave me some time to chill out from the frustrating sewing and to accomplish making a yummy meal. As we were clearing the table Josh told me I could take a picture of the place mats because they're green:) Thanks for the help hun. I must also give him credit to helping me with my math skills. Apparently the pattern I am using requires some math to figure out how to cut the fabric and determine the different pieces within the cut. With all of Josh's wood working and maintenance knowledge provided, right off the top of his head, the answer. You're Amazing hun! He also suggested a very good idea for one of the projects, making it look just that much better. And he doesn't think he can be a part of my craftiness:)

1 comment:

C said...

I'm really enjoying your oatmeal recipes and am going to have to try some:)
I make pumpkin oatmeal that is SO good. I also make one that has an egg mixed in that gives it the creaminess I like -- I do find it odd when I find a little bit of cooked egg that didn't get totally mixed in and cooked within the oatmeal, but overall it's really good!:)