Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 8


Piña Colada Oatmeal
1/4 c quick oats
1/3 c milk
2 tbsp pineapple juice (from can)
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 c chunked pineapple (from can)
1 tbsp shredded coconut

I absolutely love piña colada flavor (especially a slushi from the Dairy Lodge:) However, I wasn't quite sure how the flavors would taste in oatmeal. So I made a small batch just in case. Boy was I surprised! It was delicious! Wish I had made a whole bowl.


Josh bought me a journal recently that I am putting to great use. Part of it is my prayer journal and I found a simple and quick way to make index tabs for it so I can find the pages I want to see each day much easier. I used clear address labels turned sideways and cut in half. I wrote the day of the week or a name on the label about half way down if holding it vertically. Then I cut it so there was just a bit of label below the day/name. I stuck the bit below the day/name on the page I wanted to mark and then just folded the label over and stuck it to the back of itself and the back of the page. TaDa! Most of the afternoon I worked on craft projects (the same ones that were causing me frustration last night) Do you ever feel like you just aren't understanding something and then you go back to it at a later time and...CLICK...it suddenly makes sense? Well that happened for me with the sewing pattern today. Good thing, but I needed to get crackin on it. Tonight I went to the school library with Josh. He studied and I did some project planning and web searching. Then he had his last intramural soccer game. Glad he has been able to fit in something fun in the midst of his hard studying. I enjoy watching him play!

No comments: