Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 29

Blueberry Muffin Top Oatmeal
1/2 c quick oats
3/4 c milk
2 packets of Splenda
1 blueberry muffin top

I think this was my last option for a recipe with the lack of groceries in our place (lol). So I mixed the the top of my muffin in with the oatmeal. This was yummy! It could be dry so you might want to add a little extra milk after heating if the oatmeal is thick.



Happy Birthday to my awesome Dad!!! Sent him a fun homemade gift (I'll post about it in April). Today was laundry day...that grew into...make a return, drop off books at the library, pick up fruit and veggies at the grocery store, pick up Josh from school, make dinner, go to Josh's intramural basketball game, bring home husband with rolled ankle DAY! Tuesdays aren't usually that eventful for me. But it was very productive. Josh is okay, just had to put his foot up last night and he used his wonderful knowledge of wrapping it to help it feel better. Their team won with a close game that reminded me of March Madness:) I checked out our new Metro Market today. I have never felt under dressed going to the grocery store. All the employees wear black dress pants, white button shirt and tie (even the boy collecting the carts). There was a pianist playing at a baby grand when you enter. There is a cafe with wireless internet (so I'm told), flower shop, candy shop, I think there is a sushi bar along with the typical ares to bet salads, chicken, soups, etc. by the pound. There were taste tests going on at about every aisle. They definietly go out of their way to welcome you, assist you in finding things, and lots of smiling. I actually got some things for less than at the other grocery stores. I'm not sure it will always be this way since it's the grand opening, but I'd go back again (maybe not in jeans and a hoodie!)

No comments: