Chunky Applesauce & Almond Oatmeal
1/4 c quick oats
1/2 c water
1/4 c chunky cinnamon apple sauce
almonds to top
I made a small batch this morning because my sister-in-law had made baked oatmeal for everyone for breakfast. I sure do love baked oatmeal. I wasn't going to count it as my oatmeal for the day because my goal has been to eat quick oats with a different recipe each morning for a quick and easy breakfasts. So I had a small batch of quick oats and then a bit of baked oatmeal:) The applesauce was good, but it would have been so much better in the baked oatmeal! Baked oatmeal is a great way to get your oats too. If you don't like regular oatmeal look up a recipe for baked oatmeal and give it a try (it's just not as quick, but it's worth it!)
We had a good morning with the Weis family before heading back home today. We had a yummy lunch at Culver's and Charlie tried ice cream for the first time. Reminded me that Hannah and Maddie tried their first ice cream at Culver's too:) If they have any more kids they'll have to keep the family tradition going! The weather was beautiful and the drive back to T-Ville (as I am now calling it because I saw it written that way on our sign downtown and it sounds more fun) was nice with no traffic and sunny skies. I went grocery shopping shortly after we got home cause we really needed food. It is Double Dayz (to double your coupons) at one of the stores we go to. So I did my research of ads and coupons before leaving. It makes my shopping trip so much easier especially when I am going to stop at two stores on the same road to get the best deals. I got a fresh pineapple for $0.98 because of a store coupon, four boxes of Nature Valley granola bars for $1.87 each and a box of veggie pasta noodles that we ended up earning money on because with an in store coupon they were $0.98 and then I had a manufacturer's coupon for $1.00 off and it was doubled!!! Got a couple of other good deals as well and my savings in coupons was $27.87 tonight. I still wish I could really get the coupon cutting strategy down so that we could save, save, save even more. Let me know if you have any tips!
No comments:
Post a Comment