Monday, March 14, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 13

Cherry Nut Oatmeal
1/2 c quick oats
3/4 c milk
1 teaspoon sugar free almond gourmet coffee flavoring
1/4 c dried cherries
chopped walnuts to top

I like how this cherries match the the place mat:) My father-in-law had the idea to try adding some gourmet coffee syrup. Apparently a coffee shop that they go to  used the flavorings in oatmeal that you can get there. So it was worth a shot. It was good. Added a sweet flavor instead of adding the Splenda.

I had to take a picture of these green spider mums (at least I think they are mums!?!) Chuck and Marilyn have three beautiful bouquets in their house and this one is my favorite. It only costs $1!!! I love the bright green against the dark green leaves and bright pink flowers. Went to church today and then out to dinner with Josh's parents and a couple from the church. We ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant. Took an afternoon nap and enjoyed the evening talking, watching TV and Skyping with Melissa and the kids:) Looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing with Josh tomorrow. It's nice to be in a different setting. We're trying to plan what to do Tuesday when his parents. Zoo? Shopping? Funky District (that's not the name I just can't think of the area they told us about, they just mentioned it was funky:) Hiking? I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

LOVING your blog....just discovered it today! You are so creative and energetic. I love all your projects and activities, and your every day life with your hubby. I've attached your blog to 'my favorites.' I hardly know how to post a picture to FB or e-mail. I envy you, that you can create this blog! I wouldn't know the first thing about it. Love you Jenine!