Friday, March 11, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 11

PB&J with Strawberries on top Oatmeal
1/2 c quick oats
3/4 c milk
1 packet of Splenda
3 tbsp strawberry jam
1 tbsp peanut butter
Strawberries to top

Here's a secret...I was so excited to start my month of oatmeal everyday that on February 28 I woke up and made my first oatmeal recipe thinking it was March. Haha...and I tried PB & jelly. It was nasty! I put WAY too much peanut butter and it over powered everything. I love peanut butter, but this was wrong. So I thought I would give PB & J another try. This time I went light on the peanut butter and it was yummy. Not the same as a PB & J sandwich, but I would eat it again.

So I finished my craft projects today!!! Yeah:) The rest of the day was spent cleaning up all my crafting messes and packing for our trip to Josh's parents and sisters. For dinner Josh and I went out on a date to Chili's. I had their grilled chicken sandwich with broccoli. The broccoli was steamed perfectly, YUM! And the sandwich was really tasty. I would recommend it and I would get it again. It comes with bacon and cheese on it or you can ask for the heart healthy version without those and on a whole wheat bun. Really good, healthier option for eating out. Thanks hun for taking me out, I enjoyed our time together.

My something green was almost going to be really random and then I remembered that I bought this gum for our trip. The sweet mint flavor from Orbit is my favorite. It's sugar free and to me it tastes like chocolate and mint like and andes or something:) Try it and let me know what you think. It is a good alternative for when I have a sweet tooth or I want to eat something but I'm not actually hungry.

No comments: