Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 2

 Dole Fruit Cup Oatmeal (pears)
1/4 c quick oats
1/2 c water
1 tsp milled flaxseed
1 packet Splenda
1 Dole Fruit Cup (only 1/2 the juice from the cup)
1/2 tsp cinnamon

I wasn't feeling too well this morning so I went for half my usual size of oatmeal and it fit nice and cozy in my favorite mug:) We are also in the need of groceries so I didn't have many fresh options to add to my oatmeal. So the Dole fruit cup it was! I buy the fruit cups in juice not syrup, so much better.
It turned out delicious, I LOVED IT!


So I couldn't find anything really good and green to take a close up of today. So we'll see how this works. Guess the three things...but probably too easy. Today was laundry day. We only have one washer/dryer in our building and it takes a long time to dry and it costs more than the laundry mat. So typically every other Wednesday, I load up our two laundry baskets and get it all done at once rather than going back and forth to the garage/basement all day. I have a good system figured out. 1)Sort clothes before we leave 2)Josh usually helps me carry one basket to the car when we leave in the am so I can drop him off at school, then I carry the other basket down after I come back home to sleep a bit longer since the laundry mat isn't open yet 3)Put the laundry soap, borax (for sheets and towels), dryer sheets and a book in my reusable Target bag 4)Stop at CVS to buy one item that we need and get cash to use on the quarter machine 5)Start wash cycles and sometimes I go run another errand while the clothes are washing (ex. today I went to a craft store that is closing and got some goodies! I will have to check back when things are marked down to 70%) 6)Transfer clothes to the dryers 7)Pull out clothes that I know dry faster than others and get a head start on the folding 8)Load all my stuff back up in the car and head home 9) (This is the part I hate doing) Put the clothes away!
AND THAT IS LAUNDRY DAY!


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Jenean, this recipe sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime. I have a really good recipes I'll have to send you for baked oatmeal that I got from a friend from Charlotte that I think you'll like.