Monday, March 14, 2011

Oatmeal Queen & Something Green: Day 14

Creamy Veggie & Bacon Oatmeal
1/4 c quick oats
1/2 c milk
2 tsp veggie cream cheese
Bacon bits to top

Yes, I tried another savory oatmeal recipe. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, it was VERY delicious. I made a small batch in case I didn't like it, but I wish I had made my full cup. For one of my friends who said oatmeal was too "oatmeally" tasting:) this one might be one to try if you are willing to have a savory dish. Don't knock it, till you try it!

Josh and I got to sleep in today, it was wonderful, especially since our bodies feel like it is two hours different. We were pretty lazy most of the day. Josh got some studying done and I got some more crocheting done. This evening I went to a get together for mom's (not because I am a mom, but because Marilyn was leading it and they were going to be crafty tonight). They were talking about "healthy hearts" physically and spiritually. So good thing for me the snacks were healthy and I didn't have to fight temptation to eat candy or pastries. Worked out great! We made cards together and this is one that I made. One woman was so nice to bring sample cards and supplies for us all to make a couple cards and enjoy being creative. I loved it of course! I don't have stamps or cool punches like she did, so it was fun to try those out. Thanks Marilyn for inviting me! Now I'm ready for bed. Looking forward to a day out with Josh and his parents tomorrow. Still trying to narrow down what we will do. Cinncinati? Dayton? Columbus? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: