Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Goal & Locks of Love

February's goal was to give Josh a foot massage every weekend this month. I am proud (and Josh is very happy) to say that I successfully completed this goal. I know that Josh wishes this goal would go on much longer. I'm sure that I can still rub his feet for him occasionally, but I'll save the foot soak, pedicure like experience and massage for special occasions. The little yellow thing is a Pluto shaped massager (like the plastic four prong ones you can buy at Bath & Body Works). I bought it for Josh at Disney World when we were in college. Who knew that Pluto would save the day for me now when Josh wants a massage. He loves his feet and back rubbed, but sometimes my hands just can't do it...but thanks to Pluto I just use his paws and nose to roll over Josh's feet and back and it does the job:) I also like how one of Josh's textbooks made it in to the picture. He has been studding while I give him his foot massage. I don't know how he does it, I would fall asleep!



In addition to my February goal I also accomplished something that I have been wanting to do for awhile, but I had to wait until I had at least 10" of hair to do it. I got a hair cut and donated it to Locks of Love!!!





This is the third time that I have been able to donate hair. I have been blessed with hair that grows like crazy so I figure I should bless others with it. Locks of Love makes hair pieces for children with diseases that cause hair loss. I have never lost my hair, but I imagine that it is a difficult and humbling experience. I can only hope that if someone has the option to wear a wig, they would want it to look as real as possible. So they could get the 10" needed I got an angled cut with a bit of a wedge in the back. Ended up a bit shorter than I had thought it would be, but very well worth it:) For more information visit http://www.locksoflove.org/




No comments: