Monday, February 21, 2011

The Domes

I visited The Domes in Milwaukee for the first time today with my parents (Don't let the outside of The Domes fool ya, see pics below). They were able to visit this weekend and we were wanting to find something new to do in the area. Going to the Domes was a great way to spend the first part of our Saturday. Especially on a cold winter day:) For those of you not from the area The Domes = Mitchell Park Conservatory. It is called the Domes because it consists of three large domes that each exhibit a different type of environment - Tropical, Desert and the Show Dome (mostly flowers and model trains running through the dome). We really enjoyed learning new plant names and seeing some really unique looking plants. I took a lot of pictures because...well...I like taking pictures especially of God's awesome creation! Enjoy the pics, I hope maybe you feel like you walked the domes with us:)

THE SHOW DOME







The Show Dome has small displays of different fairy tale mixed in around the model trains. I took picture of a few that our nieces and nephews might think are fun:)

Sleeping Beauty


Snow White


Cinderella


Winnie the Pooh


THE DESERT DOME

I liked the GIANT Yucca plant (the spiky dome one below). My junior high school was Yucca Jr. High:)









THE TROPICAL DOME





  Sausage Tree (can you see the giant sausage like pods hanging?)





I enjoyed learning the names of plants and trees that sounded like something I would like to eat:)



GREAT DAY AT THE DOMES!!!
I'd like to check it out some time when they have the live music and light show:)


No comments: