Thursday, December 9, 2010

Spring 2010

Josh and I enjoyed the spring time in the house at the seminary.  It was such a nice large house where we were blessed to have each of our families visit for Thanksgiving and Christmas last year (who know if we'll ever have a house again that can fit our whole family).  A lot of beautiful flowers popped up around the outside of the house, including two peony plants! These were my favorite.  One of the most exciting things that happened for us in the spring was Josh's acceptance to a Physical Therapy program in WI.  So we greatly looked forward to that opportunity for him later in the summer.

I had the privilege of helping my sister-in-law Melissa take the kids to Ohio to visit Josh's parents.  Eric, Melissa's husband couldn't make the trip because of school and Josh could only go for one night to attend a golf outing with his dad.  So I made the trip with Melissa and the kids and it was quite the trip!  Three small children on a 6 hour car ride would have almost been impossible for Melissa to do on her own.  One of them got car sick, the baby needed to be fed when we would stop, crying for toys that were dropped on the floor while driving and most anything else you can expect on this kind of car ride. It sure made me appreciate Melissa and mom's everywhere who work REALLY hard for their children and families.  I even think I experience mommy brain at one point.  I was trying to buckle the girls in their seats and each one wanted their bears and blankets, while grabbing at toys and I was also trying to give them a snack. I was looking for toys while trying to help and remind the girls to get in their seats and begin buckling (they could do most of it by themselves).  Finally, they were all buckled up with bears, blankets, toys, snacks and I couldn't find the lid to the Pringles container. I was sure that I had just set it down next to me.  Sure enough after searching the whole back of the van it was in my other hand.  I also proceeded to wake up the first couple mornings after returning home with children's songs in my head. Just a glimpse of mommy brain:)

We enjoyed the time at the Moore's.  We went to a beautiful children's garden and the girls enjoyed big bubbles with Uncle Josh.  We celebrated Melissa's birthday and the girls helped grandma decorate a
butterfly cake for their mom.  It was a fun and crazy weekend...but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

The butterfly cake that Hannah and Madi decorated for Melissa!


Charlie and his first hat...what a cutie!


Uncle Josh helping the girls make big bubbles.



The children's garden in Dayton.





1 comment:

melissa said...

That was a really fun trip!!! This is so fun reading through all your old post .... the question is, how long did this take?