We have gotten settled in to our new apartment in a nice wooded area right next to the bike path. I have been able to walk and bike a lot since I don't have a job yet. Josh is very busy with school everyday and is working really hard on his schooling. We are thankful for this opportunity for him and adjusting to our changes in schedules and energy. We have become accustomed to living in an area quite the opposite of our shopping and restaurant mecca in Lombard. Here we generally have to drive to another town to go shopping or go to a restaurant. With my days off, I have learned the area towns and what each one has to offer. It is wonderful being so close to Lake MI. Concordia is on the bluffs of the Lake and it is beautiful.
My parents came to visit us shortly after we moved in. We showed them around the area and it was nice for me to have them hear during the days while Josh was at school. We went downtown Milwaukee and walked the river walk. Mom and I saw a bridge boat house and the bumpers on it looked like a Pandora necklace. We laughed...until we learned that an area artist actually used recycled materials to make the boat house, lamp posts and some other areas of the river walk to really look like giant jewelry. We thought it was just a fluke! It was really neat after we realized it really was suppose to look like jewelry.
In October, I had the great blessing of going to visit my brother Justin and his family in Dallax, TX. I had so much fun with them. We went to the Texas State Fair! I got my picture with "Big Tex" and they had the most incredible petty zoo ever. There was a giraffe, zebra, llamas, kangaroo, buffalo, alpaca, emus, cows, goats, a turtle...I think they were just missing a lion and an elephant and it would have been a regular zoo. Julie and the kids and I also went to a fall event at a park where there was a petty zoo, you could milk the cows, go for a hayride, hold baby chicks and pick out a pumpkin to take home with you. I managed to bring my little pumpkin home on the plane with me. Airport security were a bit confused when my backpack went through the x-ray machine. The guy asked if I had a sqaush in my bag:)
We also went to the Dallas Zoo...and I love zoos!!! It was a great zoo with a cool safari area and tram that we got to ride through the park. I was able to watch Bailey play in a couple of her softball games. She got to play the pitcher while I was there. One of there games was really intense at the end and all the parents were screaming and getting it to it. Bailey's team took the win and it was really fun to watch.
Thanks to Justin , Julie, Bailey and Braden I had a great time visiting them. I was able to see the kids the week of their birthdays and take them each out to get something for their birthday. I also had a chance to see an old friend from junior high, Cori. She came to Justin's church on Sunday and then we went out to eat lunch. It was great to see her and catch up on a lot of time that has gone by.








No comments:
Post a Comment