Hello Family and Friends! We hope you are doing well as you read our Christmas blog post. We have found it the easiest way to write our Christmas letter now by posting it to our blog. However, we do hope that you will catch up on other posts from this year. Unfortunately, I have done a terrible job at keeping up with posting through the year. Last year, one of my New Year's goals was to post at least once a month. Well that didn't happen. So in 2011, I am going to try to post more regularly through the year. This time, I am going to just think of it as posting my/our thoughts or moments. Some days I just want to share what God's been teaching me/us, share a new recipe or hobby, maybe tell a joke. I just want to become more active in leaving you with something to read about our everyday lives.
This Christmas season, Josh and I are thankful for family and friends. You're support and prayers have been appreciated as we have transition to a new place to live and a new journey as Josh pursue his degree in Physical Therapy. Josh's program is intense and keeps him very busy. If he's not in classes he's studying at home. He has been working really hard and I am very proud of his dedication and perseverance. It's hard to believe that his first semester will be over after next week. Although, finals will prove to be hectic. Josh looks forward to a couples weeks off school and then in January he will have his first clinical where he will be able to apply what he has been learning. That will be a good break from classes and a great chance to learn by doing. That's so much better than reading textbooks:)
I am still looking for a job here. I have been seeking God's guidance on what kind of job I should look for and whether I should pursue further endeavors within my field. I have been in touch with a couple companies and I had one interview. So far nothing has worked out or I didn't feel the job was right for me. I really desire to use my passions and gifts that the Lord has blessed me with. I am realizing that I can do those things in volunteer work and everyday life, they do not just have to be my job. With the restrictions in WI regarding school counseling and other areas of counseling and social services, it may be best for me to get a job in a office as I have had before and try to volunteer working with teens somewhere. The biggest blessing of not having a job right now is the time we will have with family over the break. It's nice to have the freedom to travel and not feel so rushed.
We hope that you are all doing well during this time of year. May it be a pleasant time that you can share with other family and friends. We are trusting that the Lord will bless you in new ways this Christmas and through the New Year. We look forward to learning what is happening with you in 2011. We keep you in our thoughts and prayers. During this Christmas season may you experience God's love and comfort above all things and remember Christ's birth and God's faithfulness.
Merry Christmas,
Josh and Jenean
No comments:
Post a Comment