"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream." Jeremiah 17:7-8
Saturday, January 16, 2010
The Pickard's visit Chicago
My family came to visit between Christmas and New Year's. We had a lot of fun having them here for the week. My parents traveled through some snow weather to get here. My grandma was able to ride with them, which was great because we needed her help for the popcorn puzzle (she ended up taking it home to enjoy!) Alyssa and Jacob rode with all fo them too and seemed to really enjoy their time with cousins and family. Jon wasn't able to make it but I talked to him on New Year's and he had a chance to go to Traverse City's first ever Cherry Drop for New Year's (Yes, a giant cherry was dropped). Justin, Julie, Bailey and Braden braved the cold weather and flew up from Dallas.
We played a lot games and had a lot of laughs watching eahc other try games on the Wii fit board. My favorites were Braden sword fighting, Justin flying like a bird and Josh figure skating, Alyssa hip checking the bubbles and Jacob skateboarding:) The girls went into the city to go to the American Girl Store. I had to laugh when I saw the hospital for the dolls, but the whole place was cute. We spent an evening at an arcade and played laser tag. We walked through this tunnel with a bridge where the tunnel spun around us in the dark. It felt like we were going to flip upside down. Some of us went to the zoo on the free day and we were some of few people there in 9 degree weather.
I'm so glad they could all come. We made fun memories, at ymmy food at home and out to eat. Thanks for the good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Jenean, I love the music slide show. What a nice memory of time spent with your family. I hope all is well with you. Love, your other mom
Post a Comment