Sunday, December 11, 2011

Movember & The Turkey and the Fox Race

You may think I spelled November wrong, but I did not. I meant to write "Movember" Not sure what Movember means? Here is a quote from us.movember.com:

"During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo’s, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men."

As you can tell from the above picture Josh, Mike and Eric grew moustaches in honor our Josh's dad, who had and recovered from prostate cancer over a year ago. The guys were also planning on running the Turkey and the Fox race on Thanksgiving morning so this made the race and the pictures more interesting:)

Getting ready for the race 


Their back number tags say " I am running for DAD" hence the pointing at Chuck! 

 Josh's dad ran the race as well will was a great accomplishment for him. Way to go Chuck! Marilyn, Melissa, the kids and I picked a good corner to watch the race from because they all ran through that intersection two times.

The first pass I tried to get a video of each of them. Apparently Chuck was pacing faster than he had practiced because we were not prepared for his first pass and I didn't get a video. In fact we almost missed him if Hannah hadn't kept screaming at the top of her lungs "grandpa, grandpa!"

Mike in the lead with a few other guys!


Josh in the front of the pack, looking good:)

 Eric making sure to wave to his kids!

Mike almost to mile 4 marker, in the top 10!
 Josh in good form running hard...Great Job Hun!!!
 Chuck in the grey sweatshirt, never giving up:)


 We enjoyed watching the guys run the race! It made for a fun morning regardless of the cold weather.

Waldo ran the race too! LOL

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

What a fun day! All the guys should be proud of their accomplishments...way to go Moore/Weis men!
Marilyn