Monday, December 5, 2011

June thru November goals update

So I am WAY behind on posting especially on my monthly goals.  The first half of the year was going well for my monthly goals and for posting the goal updates.  Once June hit, things started getting harder to stick to and time was getting away from me.  Part of the issue might be that I made my goals during the time in which I was still unemployed and had plenty of time on my hands.  After I started working in April, the reality of working full time started to settle in and impact my motivation and energy level towards my monthly goals. So next year, my goals will better reflect my busier schedule.  For now, I am glad for the six months in which I was highly successful with my goals. Especially since this was the first year I tried to set and complete a goal for each month. 

June Goal: Make something homemade for each of my nieces and nephews


I made monogram shirts for Maddie, Hannah and Charlie...and look adorable in them!


I made a handbag for Bailey and a shark pillow for Braden's ocean bedroom!



I made some items for Alyssa and Jacobs rooms.  I had pictures of each of them with their room accessories, but I cannot find the picture at the moment.
I made a big monogram "A" framed picture, painted pink wooden hooks for hanging jewelry or clothes and a collage covered memory box for Alyssa.
I painted some wall box shelves in navy and funky green to match Jacobs room for storage, painted an old wooden unique "Private" road sign in green and also made Jacob a collage covered memory box.


I love each one of my nieces and nephews very much. I wish I could see them all more often, but I cherish the moments that I do get with each of them as if they were my own!


July Goal: Read 2 Max Lucado Books

So I thought July was the goal I actually had for September, my biking goal, tried biking a couple of times and my allergies kicked my butt so hard that I wasn't about to try to go 20 miles on the trail. Unfortunately, maybe it Sept. when I actually planned it, might have been a better time of year.  I never did read 2 Max Lucado Books (in July or later)


August Goal: Create a project to show the best/most significant moments of my life = 30 years:)

I did A LOT of reminiscing about my 30 years on this earth and thought and even started several different projects related to this goal. But they seemed so overwhelming and wouldn't not capture all 30 years to my satisfaction.  So instead I started creating a modern, abstract family tree that only consists of the names of family members on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper that I would like to ultimately have printed on fabric and framed. So this is still a work in project, and I'll post pics when I finish this creation.

September Goal: Take a 20 mile bike ride on the Ozaukee County Interurban Trail

As I mentioned before, I thought this was my July goal in which I decided would not work in July. So when September came around I was busy and by the time that I check the goal for the month and realized my mistake, the month was mostly over. So I abandoned this goal all together.

October Goal: Learn all the official NFL calls/penalties, what they look like & what they mean

So after my confusion with July and Septembers goals, I jumped back into the goal game with October.  I spent time researching and studying the officials NFL calls. I even downloaded an app on my  iPod touch that acted as flash cards of pictures of what a call looks like by a ref. I was much more in tune with the calls while watching football and I would often tell Josh what the call was (even though he always knows even before the refs make the call) in order to show him how much I was learning and taking in. At the end of the month he gave me a little quiz by naming a call and I would give him the signal. I would say I at least got a B+ on the quiz, which is a passing grade and that is good enough for me:) Plus I now can watch the Steelers play and understand what is going on much better with flags are thrown or whistles blown.

November Goal: Make 4 new crock pot recipes

I actually had thought that my goal was to make 2 new crock pot recipes until I just now looked at this goal.  Either way 2 or 4 I didn't make any new recipes. I had one planned for White Chicken Chili, but ended up not having the time to make it in the crock pot so I made it over the stove. At least I made something I have not made before:)


I do intend to attempt my December goal of making a gingerbread house with homemade gingerbread.  I'll let you know how that turns out!

2 comments:

melissa said...

I love the pillow and handbag. They are VERY cute!!

Marilyn said...

Jenean, everything you make is always so nice...you got talent! Love, Mom