Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Oatmeal Queen Smoothie Version: Day 1, 2, 3 & 4


Hopefully you read my February Goal in my last post. I will be making oatmeal smoothies for breakfast each day thru February. I did start a little early because of the groceries we just bought. So I'm catching you up in this post. These smoothies are made with oats that are blended into a flour consistency and then mixing in a liquid, yogurt, fruit and any additional flavorings. Then the smoothie is refrigerated over night to allow the oatmeal to soak in the flavors and thicken.

Day 1: Peachy Apply Smoothie
1/4 c ground oats
1 c milk
1/4 c peach yogurt
1 c chopped apple
1/8 c wheat germ (for added fiber and folic acid)
2 tsp sugar

* Not a fan:( The wheat germ was too strong. I did like that it was a little bit chunky because of the apple. Needed more sweet flavor for me.

Day 2: California Breeze Smoothie
1/4 c ground oats
1 c lemonade
1/4 c peach yogurt
1 c chopped apple
2 tbs shredded coconut
* YUM!!! This was very tasty and sweet. Like the tropical cousin of pina colada:)

Day 3: Pear it with Vanilla Smoothie
1/4 c ground oats
1 c flavored milk (so I don't like to drink my cereal milk just because the cereal flavoring takes over and it tastes sweet. So I thought I would save my milk from my bowl of Frosted Mini Wheat Crunch Cinnamon flavor (frugal idea:) and use it for a smoothie)
1 c chopped pear
1/4 c vanilla yogurt
* YUM!!! The flavored milk was a great choice, it reminded me of almond milk, but we don't buy that and wouldn't spend the money on it right now. This was a simple smoothie with great flavor! I'll be saving my cereal milk again!

Day 4: PB & Honey Smoothie
1/4 c ground oats
1 c milk
1/4 c vanilla yogurt
2 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs honey
* Eh, it's okay. It was definitely peanut butter flavor. I liked it for the first half and then the second half of the smoothie I didn't love because the flavor was rich. I would try it again with maybe a little bit less peanut butter maybe.



No comments: