Wednesday, January 30, 2013

2013 Goals and Themes

Happy New Year! I like to make monthly goals rather than new year's resolutions because they seem more manageable. This year I also wanted to think of a theme that my goals could be related to along with the general flow of everyday life. So for 2013 the theme is

BE BETTER, BE FRUGAL

The "better" part is from the fact that I just want to make better choices to be a better woman of God, wife, family member, friend, employee, servant, etc. Make better choices related to exercising, healthy eating, meal planning, housekeeping, organization, etc. Make better choices for my spiritual walk, marriage, money management, time management, etc.

The "frugal" part fits in to the better, but I specifically wanted to find ways that we could be more frugal this year as part of a fun challenge to be creative, but also as a way to spend less and save as we prepare for a year of many changes and unknowns ahead.

JANUARY GOAL:  BE BETTER: Follow a prayer calendar every day that focuses on seeking God's will and plan for my life. The verses that I prayed through have been incredible encouragements for me during a very stressful full-time job. The Lord really spoke to me through His Word and reminded me that he is sovereign, graceful, powerful, loving and he is with me no matter what trials I deal with.

FEBRUARY GOAL: BE BETTER: BE FRUGAL: I'm bringing back the Oatmeal Queen:) I am going to make an oatmeal smoothie for breakfast each day. I actually started this goal a bit early because we went grocery shopping and already had some of the needed items on hand that were perishable. So keep an eye out for the Oatmeal Queen posts to begin! This goal will satisfy both themes because it will make me be better at eating something for breakfast and not skipping the meal all together. Some smoothies will be healthy and some will be based on what we have around in the pantry/fridge (frugal). I might end up with some pretty interesting combinations:) So my sole purpose is not just to be healthy, but I look forward to finding some healthier options that I can come back to.

Also for the month of February I am going to pray for Josh each day following a prayer calendar for husbands. I originally thought of doing this because it is his birthday month, but then realized it is also the month of Valentine's. So what better month to spend more intentional time in prayer for him:)



No comments: