Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Craft Closet and Linen Closet - ORGANIZED!

So my goal for January was to organize the guest room closet as my craft closet and to also organize the linen closet. I'm glad to say they are both officially organized. Not only do I enjoy the actual organizing it is also a stress reliever for me to organize. It's been pretty stressful at work, so this was a great weekend project. I am thinking I need to be making things and working with my hands on a regular basis to help keep my stress level down...it really helps. So here are the before and after pictures of the closets.

Guest Room closet before pictures:















The plastic under the bed storage bins (which aren't even under a bed), made it difficult for me to easily access my crafts supplies. There is a lot of fabric beginning to accumulate because of my increase of sewing projects, not to mention I have crochet supplies & other craft items in other rooms.  I also wanted to cover the electrical box just to help make it feel more like a craft closet with inspiration not just the guest room closet.

Craft Closet (with other storage needed) after:
 
 I'm really happy about how this turned out. Many of the organizational bins are from Joann fabrics thanks to Christmas money from Josh's parents. I also had to use some some shelving units and the table that we already had to give some height so that I wasn't bending over for everything. I love the pattern canvas totes.

I found the fabric covered bulletin board that matched the colors for $2.99 at Goodwill:)  Along with the small blue box on the top shelf with alpha dividers inside that I can use for pics, cards, small cut outs, or whatever other small things that I would like to keep organized better. One tote is for craft items to be completed or for future. Another tote is for sewing, fabric and year for crocheting. The other tote is for vases, candles, small picture frames that I may rotate through the year or use for center pieces. The plastic bin in the very middle standing up is for my scrapbooking stuff. This is AWESOME! It has a handle so I can carry it into the living room or another location to scrap on the go. I used it last night to work on a project and the start up and clean up was so much easier because everything had it's place in that case! I also have two plastic divider bins with handles that stack easily. These are great for things like glue gun, buttons and clips, small craft tools, paint brushes, etc.

I kept one of my under the bed bins for gift bags, tissue paper and wrapping supplies as I like to recycle those and this bin works best for the big bags and boxes. My cutting mat and sewing machine fit nicely on the side and in reach. On the top shelf (with room to grow if needed) I have my larger pieces of extra fabric, a small basic form the dollar store (which I now have some small vases in that can't be stacked with the others) and of course my organizing utility tote for traveling with crafts from Thirty-One Gifts. I can't wait to get some ideas for future projects up on my bulletin board and enjoy my organized craft closet!!!

Linen closet before:                                                     Linen closet after:

                                                                                            
The Linen closet was not on my priority list to invest much money, just to get it organized so it was so cluttered and messy. The dollar store was what helped me get this closet in to shape. The green and blue plastic totes and two black baskets cost me $10. So with 10 bucks and some of the bins I already had this closet made a vast improvement with some fun colors:)

3 comments:

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn said...

Jenean, this is amazing! I love the before and after photos. What an improvement with a lot of fun colors splashed in. Perhaps some day you'll be a professional organizer! There are a lot of people who need help in that area and I can see you'd do a a great job. Well, enjoy the ease you now have to create things without having to spend a lot of time finding your supplies and setting up.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. We have a lady in our church who is a "professional organizer." You may have another future! Looks super!
Chuck