Not too long ago Josh and I enjoyed a beautiful Saturday outdoors by going to an nearby nature preserve and walking through the fields. There is a tower in the middle of the fields that has stairs to climb up to the top and look over the preserve. It was a simple activity that allowed us to be together and enjoy a break from our busy schedules.
We saw the largest butterfly (that I've ever seen in the wild). I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. It was goergous and maybe 6 inches wing span. That was awesome! On the way back to the car we picked a couple of the white wild flowers (don't know what they are called) because I wanted to replicate a childhood past time from my grandmas house. I remember picking these from the hill behing her house and then we would put them in water with a couple of drops of food coloring. After a a day or two the flowers would have a tint of the same coloring as the water. Of course I went for my favorite color...blue!
Thanks for the walk honey, it was a great day to spend together!
No comments:
Post a Comment