Thursday, September 15, 2011

4 Years of WE, 30 Years of ME

At the end of August we celebrated our 4th Anniversary and my 30th Birthday.

For our Anniversary, Josh made a special dinner. Homemade ravioli with three different types of filling. We enjoyed filling our ravioli noodles and then boiling them. The were delicious! Josh also made peach cobbler for dessert. He spent a lot of time on this special meal. It was nice to spend the evening together in the midst of busy schedules with school starting back up and my work being very hectic right now with a lot of changes going on. Thanks Josh for the special dinner and time together celebrating us. I'm okay with you making homemade ravioli anytime:)

For my Birthday, Josh took me to to zoo. I have been wanting to go since we moved here. I was very excited! My favorite animal that day was the GIANT brown bear laying in this hammock like structure just hanging out. It was hilarious! I also always really like the big cats. Watching the tigers interact was great.  I think there was a mother and her children. She was trying to wake them up from napping and one of them began wrestling with her while the other one kept avoiding her attempts to wake him up. Made me laugh thinking of them as teenagers or something. We watched one of the giraffes trying VERY hard to reach the tree leaves above him with his long tongue. So close, yet not close enough:)








A big celebration wasn't necessary for my 30th. I have actually enjoyed reminiscing over my life this past month. So many good memories about places I've lived, people that I have met and experiences that I have had. I cannot imagine my life happening any differently. Even the difficult times, I would not want replaced because they have made me who I am today. I thank the Lord for my family and friends and for the gifts and abilities he has given to me that I can use to help others and glorify Him in the process. I am so blessed and look back on 30 years feeling as though I have accomplished so much and still have so much too accomplish in life as well.

Thanks to all of you as family and friends who have shared in my 30 years for one or all seasons of my life:)

No comments: