Josh and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year.









Josh's side of the family, including his cousin Lydia stayed with us for a few days. A friend from the seminary also joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. We enjoyed our time together. Everyone helped out with the big Thanksgiving meal, which worked our wonderfully. I cooked my first turkey and it was successful. Marilyn showed me how to cook the turkey in a bag. It was a breeze! I'll do it that way every time. We went into Chicago one of the days and we had some good laughs playing Cranium Pop 5. We completed a Steelers puzzle just in time to put it back in the box. Madi and Hannah had a lot of fun playing with everyone and Charlie was just cute and quiet as usual.


The following Saturday we went to a Christmas tree farm with Eric, Melissa, the kids and Mike. This was the best Christmas tree farm I've ever been to (well I haven't been to many, but this was great). There was a small lake on the farm and several different fields that you could walk through to find your tree. Josh and I searched for quite a while until we were ready to just pick one and go. That was when we spotted the one that we loved. In fact we liked it so much we didn't even measure it and just cut it down. This resulted in Josh cutting off about a foot and a half from the bottom in order for the tree to fit in our living room. It is beautiful and we really enjoyed the hunting adventure.





1 comment:
Love your tree...bet your whole house looks lovely.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment