Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


Fall is the best season ever! A couple of weeks ago we headed out to Kuiper's Farm with Mike, Melissa, Eric, Madeline and Hannah. It was a cold and windy day but we were able to walk around and pick out our perfect pumpkins. Eric and Melissa gave small pumpkins to the girls to hold. They were so cute investigating the little orange pumpkins. Melissa and I got some hot mulled cider that was delicious. Josh ended up getting a 30 pound pumpkin and Mike wanted one with lots of warts on it.

After going back to Melissa and Eric's house we played a never ending game of Phase 10 (maybe it felt never ending to me because I was so far behind). We had a fire going and drank some more hot cider...yummy! Then we finished off the night with pumpkin carving. I made a mickey mouse pumpkin, Melissa carved their house address into her pumpkin and Mike tried to carve his pumpkin until he realized the pumpkins with warts must be a different kind because he couldn't get a knife to go through it if his life depended on it. Therefore, he ended up drawing Shrek on his pumpkin. Josh's pumpkin was gutted for the seeds and basically left to be a decoration for our costume party since he didn't have time to finish carving. (See the Costume party post to see the Mickey Pumpkin!)

The day was wonderful. All the festive fall activities had me longing to jump in the leaves (but their weren't very many leaves yet). If Melissa and Eric needing any help raking, maybe I'll have to lend a hand to get my fix:)

1 comment:

Mike Moore said...

Nice photos! I'll be sure to pass it along to people. My shorts weren't illegal, they were right at my fingertips when my hands were at my side! :)