Saturday, December 15, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Merry Christmas to our wonderful family and friends!  We hope you had a year full of new adventures and wonderful blessings that outshines any stress or difficulties that have occurred.  We were both very busy this year, but I know we enjoyed wonderful moments with family, friends and time for just the two of us. 

Josh has continued to work hard in classes and during clinicals for his Doctorate program in Physical Therapy. He has spent many days and nights studying, writing papers, working on projects and analyzing his own limbs or mine to better understand what he was studying:) He had his pediatrics and inpatient clinicals this year.  The hospital setting brought some interesting experiences for him, including being able to sit in and watch a back surgery. I admire Josh for his discipline and determination. His fellow PT students look up to him a lot for his knowledge and understanding of the assignments and the field itself. I’m extremely proud of him! He is very glad to be completely done with his classes for this program.  He has a three week break before beginning his final two clinicals before graduation in May 2013. 

I am still working in the front office at a counseling clinic close by.  This year I have taken on a role that is very much that of an office manager without the title.  The office has been ever changing since I started working there in spring of 2011. I am very grateful for the job and I truly enjoy those I work with, however, it has been a very stressful and draining job. It has helped to have wonderful women that I work with at the front office who have become great friends:) I have also had the opportunity to begin earning clinical hours towards my counseling license.  Those hours are accumulating very slowly, but forward progress is being made. I now have two patients and I am making plans to lead a women’s group in the spring.  In September, I took on another great endeavor and became a Thirty-One Gifts consultant under my sister-in-law Tara. I have loved and purchased Thirty-One for about two years before realizing that it would be a great job for me that I would enjoy. I have LOVED it! I’m only doing it part-time of course, but it gives me moments of accomplishment and encouragement along with time to meet new people and socialize that break up the stress of my other job. 

This year we enjoyed a handful of trips.  In the spring we had our traditional 5 year trip to Disney with the Pickard side of the family.  That is always a packed yet fun trip:) It was the first year that every family member went on a couple rides together now that the kids are older. Josh and I took a camping trip to the UP to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.  We stayed at several different locations.  Did a lot of hiking and driving through beautiful areas of nature and visited Pictured Rocks.  We got to take the boat tour of Pictured Rocks at sunset and it was incredible! It was a nice trip to get away just the two of us. We were able to visit Traverse City to celebrate my brother Jon’s wedding and we spent one of the days at the Sleeping Bear Dunes! Late in the summer Josh was able to spend some time visiting Mike in Chicago.  Then for Thanksgiving we both visited Mike and joined him and some friends for turkey dinner.  Mike gave us a tour of Loyola’s campus and Roger’s Park.  We also took the train into the city and walked around on Black Friday (not for shopping) but there were a lot of people and it was pretty cold. We drove down to see Josh’s sister and family several times for Easter, the arrival of our sweet niece Lucy, for an all family get together in the summer and we joined them in cutting down their Christmas tree a couple weeks ago.

With Christmas approaching we are now looking forward to a trip to Dallas to visit my brother Justin and his family for four days.  It will be a quick trip due to my work schedule.  Josh has never been to Dallas so he’ll get a chance to see that everything really is bigger in Texas:) We also look forward to visiting Josh’s parents in Ohio a few days after Christmas.  We saw them briefly a couple times while they were visiting Melissa’s family this year, but it will be wonderful to see them for a few days and celebrate the New Year. 

In the New Year we look forward to Josh’s graduation and the transitions that will follow.  We don’t yet know where we will end up. But we are trusting in God’s guidance for Josh to find a great job and for me to consider other options for work as well. We wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May The Lord be ever present to you during the holiday season and thru the next year.  Follow us here on our blog through the year.  I’m going to work harder and posting more often. Plus 2013 is bound to bring a lot of new experiences and changes for us:)


Blessings,

Josh & Jenean Moore

1 comment:

melissa said...

Yay you're blogging again!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas - we look forward to seeing you soon!