I continue to try to enjoy time making projects, crafts and my newest endeavor...homemade candy:) These projects are things I enjoy and with winter coming up I need to stock pile some good ideas for projects. My latest homemade projects were making homemade gumdrops and sewing pillow covers for our couch pillows. The gumdrops took a lot of time and attention. They looked fun in the end and they even tasted yummy, however, they never really crystallized to be more firm like a gumdrop so it was kind of like biting into a really small sugar coated jell-o jiggler...lol. It was fun giving it a try though. I am looking forward to giving homemade caramels a try.
The pillow covers were a simple pocket style pattern. This way I can wash them and even change them out if I wanted to very easily. We needed a little bit more color in our living room rather than the neutrals in the pillows that came with the couches. So I didn't go too crazy with the pillow covers. But I have working on crocheting us a blanket to keep out on the couch that is a really fun bright blueish green color like in the striped pillow cover. That will bring a lot of color when I am done:) This was an rather easy and quick project that I did in one two night. Here are a few pics of the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment