My roommates and friends from college become a second family for me. I've had the chance to see a few at a time on different occasions in the past 7 years, however, it was time to get us all together again. We had the chance to spend the weekend together at the end of July in Grand Rapids. We spent time catching up on each others lives and sharing our favorite stories from college. A good game of balderdash, a picnic at Riverside park, BBQ and a meal at Steak & Shake were some of the things we enjoyed over the weekend.
I had two favorite moments from the weekend. The first was walking through Cornerstone's campus and reminiscing as well as seeing the changes on campus.
I also really enjoyed walking on the bike path to the ice cream shop in Rockford. Our line of traffic on the bike path was pretty long and eating ice cream outside the shop in downtown was a great way to have someone get a full group shot off all of us.
I am so blessed to have friends that are like family and to be able to pick up where we last left off together. I thank the Lord for each one of you and for the chance to share a weekend together. May He bless you each in the next years to come until we can get together again. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment