Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mom's Afghan


I crocheted my mom an afghan for a Mother's Day/Birthday present. I have been slowly working on it since November. When I wasn't working I figured I had plenty of time on my hands to start a big project and I hadn't been crocheting in a few years. I wanted to learn some new crochet stitches and how to make a some new things. Awhile ago, I posted the handbag and wristlet I crocheted for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Those were something new I learned to crochet.

So for my mom's afghan I used a basket weave stitch, which was very easy to learn and crochet. I loved the outcome. The basket weave stitching made it very easy to keep the edges straight which is something I have a hard time doing using other stitches. I used a green yarn to match the living room that my mom had recently finished decorating, painting and updating.

I love you MOM!