Monday, May 2, 2011

April Goal: Memorize 10 Bible Verses

My goal for April was to memorize 10 bible verses. I did not fulfill the entire goal, however, I am glad to say that I did memorize 7 verses (2 single verses and one grouping of verses from Proverbs that was 5 total verses for the section).

Here they are from memory:

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord not men.”
–Colossians 3:23

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, and of love and of self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7

“She is clothed with dignity and power and she laughs at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and she does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also; he praises her, ‘Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all.’ Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:25-30

I am still working on memorizing the other verses. Now for May’s goal to send an encouraging note to someone each dayJ

No comments: